What is an RTC?
The Regional Training Centre programme started back in 2005 to provide teachers with training, expertise and access to best practice to support their use of Apple technology in the classroom. We are proud to say that we are one of the founding RTCs, as a result we have a proven track record and considerable experience in supporting schools to integrate Apple technologies.
The RTC programme brings together a wide community of experienced educators and experts who provide free and easy access to Apple’s creative learning technologies through local learning-hubs. At Sunderland we work closely with other RTCs in the North East to deliver complimentary courses.
The staff at each RTC have unique skills to offer but we all share the same aims:
- To provide a focus on pedagogy, for sharing best practice and gaining skills
- To introduce planned, effective, digital solutions to schools using Mac and iPad
- To train teachers to use Apple’s tools and help enable active and transformative teaching within the classroom.
- To support, enhance and transform teaching and learning outcomes
What services do we offer?
- Support toward gaining your Apple Teacher accreditation
- Advice on deploying iPads
- Strategic advice for schools wanting to move to Apple technologies
- Up to date information on how to make best use of your devices
- Help with procurement
- Exemplar lessons on how to use various apps for learning
- Advice on inspiring apps to use with your learners
As an RTC we offer a range of free courses to help you get the very best out of using Apple devices in your classroom.
Our courses are not just restricted to schools in Sunderland. If you are looking for free iPad training in Durham, North Tyneside, South Tyneside or Newcastle? We’ll work with you too or point you to another North East RTC. We also come out to work in schools.
If you want to know more please get in touch.
Upcoming Free Apple Regional Training Centre Courses